The Laboratorio Central [Central Laboratory] offers more than 270 test methods for the chemical and lubricant industries, with more than 60 high-tech equipment and instruments, such as:
– Fourier-transform infrared (FTIR) spectrometer
– Mass spectrometer
– X-ray fluorescence spectrometer
– Gas chromatographs
– Robotic units to analyze up to 30 samples
– Particle counter (ISO code)
– Potentiometer to measure acidity, base number and moisture by Karl Fisher titration
– Atomic absorption spectrometers
– Emission spectrometer
– Automatic viscometer (kinematic viscosity).
With state-of-the-art equipment for controlling the behavior of lubricating oils and greases, the Laboratorio Central is one of the best equipped laboratories in the country for the development and control of lubricants. In addition to conducting all the tests required to certify the products manufactured in our plants and our brand products, the laboratory provides specialized analysis services to different industrial clients.
Bearing in mind the quality of our products, our laboratory participates in the annual programs of inter-laboratory studies with the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) on motor oils, lubricating greases and dielectric oils.
Since October 2008, the laboratory is accredited by ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 Standard in six test methods:
– ASTM D445 – Kinematic Viscosity
– ASTM D92 – Flash and Fire Points by Cleveland Open Cup Tester
– ASTM D664 – Acid Number
– ASTM D2896 – Base Number
– ASTM D86 – Distillation
– ASTM D6595 – Determination of Wear Metals and Contaminants in Used Lubricating Oils or Used Hydraulic Fluids by Rotating Disc Electrode Atomic Emission Spectrometry.